Message to All

Look around, support, post opinions :D

Friday, September 10, 2010

Engineers

We just had a massive rainstorm. I mean, like buckets of water every square feet. Now, know this, I am currently a student at college studying engineering, majoring in electrical and minoring in enviromental.

The point I was getting to is that all engineers have to be resourceful. I walk out into the atrium and see that it's absolutely pouring out there. I look around and i see a bunch of discarded pizza boxes (the nice kind where they put wax paper below the pizza so it doesn't stick to the box itself. I think, "eff yeah, I can do this." I dig through the trash, find a bunch of discarded string, pulling out all of the pizza boxes that I could find. I weave the string through the holes on the boxes and fill in the gaps with the wax paper. It was looking beautiful then I found a discarded wooden dowel. I stuck it through the middle and sealed the gap around the rod and secured it with the remaining string.

End result? I had a pretty badass umbrella constructed from 9 pizza boxes, 9 sheets of wax paper, about 20-30 ft of string and a wooden dowel. It smelled pretty awesome too. I took a bunch of girls back to their dorms under the umbrella and then got back to my dorm. I was absolutely dry the entire time, it didn't break or deform because of the wax paper repelling all that water. Unfortunately, I could not take a photo of it because it had to be left outside since it couldn't fit through the doors and by now, it'd probably been mangled because there was strong wind which could easily pick it up and expose the non-wax papered side to the elements.

Engineers are awesome
Discuss

28 comments:

  1. Nice story, too bad you couldn't make a picture of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lightnings and thunders here these nights.. >.<

    <3
    Sillyoldbum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the pizza wasn't damaged. Also showing support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. showin daily support for cool blogs!
    View and follow me bro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine all the ladies flocking to you because of how awesome this was

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha that umbrella sounds badass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. make another take pictures and post a diy project :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post man =)
    good luck with the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy fuck, WHY COULDN'T YOU TAKE PICS :((((

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh geese, this may have been my fault. I told this chump to cry me a river.

    ReplyDelete
  16. someone send me a bunch of pizza boxes, wax paper, string and wooden dowel? :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm gonna be engineer when i grow up!

    ReplyDelete