Message to All

Look around, support, post opinions :D

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Now sit for a moment while i tell you the story of how my career got flipped upside down...


Today, I went to the career fair that was being hosted on campus, supposedly offering a chance to look at businesses and their internships in specific careers...

Wrong, this felt more like a 8th grader's science fair, but instead of adorable little kids. You have to endure a sweaty, heavy set, heavy indian accented, bearded man tell you about a job pressing circuit boards among other stands. SAUSAGE FEST. No, seriously, 99% of the people at these booths were male, the 1% remaining was my heavy set engineering teacher who has a perchance for sweets, particularly candy rings. Probably explains the lack of a rock on her hand.

I still took photos of the event like I promised myself to for the sake of the blog.

Wiimotes data in it's raw form

Lego trophy lololol (bad quality is intentional)

A DERP bot, no seriously, DERP (Driven Electronics Robotic Project)

A humanoid robot in our robotics lab, the picture got cut off but there was a board in front of him. He was trying to put blocks through the right holes... yes, he can fit a square block in a round hole but yet he can't fit a square block in a square hole.


Tshirt I got from attending, not a total loss. One female member of our little troupe that went decided that I was indeed in the occupation of being a B.A.M.F.

Cyclone note pads... Door prize for me. Glad I didn't get the next prize which was Cyclone Maxipads.

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @caroline LOL
    nice pictures, you have my axe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, my girlfriend and I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Career fair for businesses was an immense sausage fest? Are the wimminz marrying rich nowadays or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Lego trophy is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. derpppppp, nice blog, bro. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete