Message to All

Look around, support, post opinions :D

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Now sit for a moment while i tell you the story of how my career got flipped upside down...


Today, I went to the career fair that was being hosted on campus, supposedly offering a chance to look at businesses and their internships in specific careers...

Wrong, this felt more like a 8th grader's science fair, but instead of adorable little kids. You have to endure a sweaty, heavy set, heavy indian accented, bearded man tell you about a job pressing circuit boards among other stands. SAUSAGE FEST. No, seriously, 99% of the people at these booths were male, the 1% remaining was my heavy set engineering teacher who has a perchance for sweets, particularly candy rings. Probably explains the lack of a rock on her hand.

I still took photos of the event like I promised myself to for the sake of the blog.

Wiimotes data in it's raw form

Lego trophy lololol (bad quality is intentional)

A DERP bot, no seriously, DERP (Driven Electronics Robotic Project)

A humanoid robot in our robotics lab, the picture got cut off but there was a board in front of him. He was trying to put blocks through the right holes... yes, he can fit a square block in a round hole but yet he can't fit a square block in a square hole.


Tshirt I got from attending, not a total loss. One female member of our little troupe that went decided that I was indeed in the occupation of being a B.A.M.F.

Cyclone note pads... Door prize for me. Glad I didn't get the next prize which was Cyclone Maxipads.

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @caroline LOL
    nice pictures, you have my axe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, my girlfriend and I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Career fair for businesses was an immense sausage fest? Are the wimminz marrying rich nowadays or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. derpppppp, nice blog, bro. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete